The best way to ensure your safety on the road is good vehicle maintenance. Spring is here - and it’s the perfect time to make sure your car is running in top condition. The winter season can take a toll on the condition of our vehicles, so it’s time to inspect major parts and fluids that will be important to your car’s reliability throughout Spring.
Here are the most important spring car maintenance items to take care of this season by your local mechanic:
- Read your vehicle’s owner’s manual and see if any recommended services are due
- Make sure you are current with your vehicle’s oil and filter change
- Have coolant levels, condition, and concentration checked
- Inspect belts & hoses for any wear and tear
- Test air conditioning and verify if it is working properly
- Check your tires - look at the overall condition, tread, and check tire pressure
- Look at all lights, interior and exterior, to make sure they work properly including headlights, tail lights, and brake lights
- Change your windshield wipers and top off wiper fluid
- Have all fluids checked for levels, including power steering, transmission, and brake fluid
- Inspect your car’s battery for any corrosion. If it’s been over 3 years since your last battery replacement, having your battery tested is a good idea. It may be time to replace the battery.
If your vehicle is due for any of the services above, don’t hesitate to bring your car into our shop! Our expert mechanics will complete a full inspection to determine if any services are needed to keep your vehicle reliable and safe throughout the spring season.