It's that time of year where many of us will be celebrating holidays and enjoying our time off from school and work to relax and spend time with family and friends. If you're planning a Thanksgiving road trip, regardless if its a couple hours or longer, traveling with children in the car can be a handful. Not only do you need to be well prepared with snacks and drinks, but you'll also need a way to either keep them asleep or entertained to make the ride go smoothly.
Here are some awesome car road trip games for Thanksgiving travel for both the adults and the kids to enjoy to pass the time and make everyone's time in the car enjoyable!
1. I Spy - A classic in car rides, I spy can be fun with the little ones. Someone finds something nearby or in the car, and says "I Spy" and starts describing it, such as "I spy something green and tall". Great way to pass the time!
2. The Alphabet Game - This one is fun! Youngest in the car picks a category to start, such as food or TV shows. That person then thinks of a word that fits the category starting with the letter "A". The next person (try going clockwise) has to think of something in the category for the letter "B", the next person has "C", and so on. The first person to get stuck and not think of anything is eliminated! Last one standing wins.
3. Sing-a-long - If you get bored, why not play some of your favorite tunes and have a sing-a-long!
4. License Plate Game - Start looking at license plates - if you see one out of state, yell it out! The person who has the most different states wins the game at the end of the drive.
5. Story Time - This is a great way to pass the time and get to know each other even better. One person will come up with a question, say "what is your most embarrassing moment", and then everyone takes turn telling their story. This is a great way to share some laughs!
We hope that these game ideas will help you enjoy your Thanksgiving road trip this season. If you are planning a trip in the car, be sure to bring your vehicle into Small World Auto Center before embarking to have it inspected. The last thing you want is to be stranded during your trip, so a pre-trip inspection will ensure your safety and give you peace of mind. Give us a call today!